Tuesday 24 April 2007

50 Best Restaurants..


Last night Hannah and I were invited to attend the 50 Best Restaurants event at The Science Museum. I think we both felt that we had died and walked into culinary genius heaven, with St. Peter at the bar pouring the champagne. We met many amazing people last night including Michel Roux Jr, Pierre Gagnaire, Heston Blumental, Skye Gyngell, Atul Kochhar, Shane Osbourne, Alice Waters from Chez Panisse and the brilliant Nuno Mendes and Philip Mossop from Bacchus.
It was a real eye opener not just being there, but talking to and understanding the incredible achievments and passion that so many chefs have for their love of food. I was even surprised to meet Danny Rampling (yes the DJ!) who was extoling the virtues of his time spent in the kitchen of Petrus. I was quite floored by his determination and passion for his new found love, definately a man after my own heart. Last night was very illuminating and definately one i'll remember for many years to come - congratulations to all of those on the 50 best, and for those whom I'm sure one day will be on it.
http://www.theworlds50best.com

No comments: