Sunday 30 September 2007

Gorgonzola Dolce with caramalised apple, walnuts and peashoots



This is a quick lunch dish I made yesterday for my friend Meri. As I was enthralled by all of the autumn colours at the market, I quickly decided to use apples and some sweet, delicious Gorgonzola Dolce. The warm caramalised apples softly melt the cheese, with the walnuts adding a musky crunch.
This recipe is a literaly a case of toasting a thick slice of sourdough bread, drizzling it with some good olive oil and then placing some apple slices that have been caramalised with a little olive oil and a pinch of sugar. Over the apples break the cheese into pieces and scatter with walnut pieces. Top with some fine leaves (I used peashoots here, but rocket or mizuna would be equally good too), and drizzle with a little oil and a scattering of Maldon sea salt.

No comments: