Monday 8 October 2007

A quick Coriander and Coconut Chutney


This chutney is literally a case of throwing some ingredients into a food processor. This chutney is great with breads and particularly good with marinated tikka or tandoori meats (particularly trout and quail).
I like the sweet and hot combination of coconut and green chilli, but you can play with these as you see fit.
To make it I add a handful of fresh coconut, a bunch of coriander (including the stalks) - mint is also really good in this as well, 2 green chillies, 2 tbspns coconut milk, juice of half a lime, and seasoning. Blitz until smooth. If you prefer a looser mix, just add a spoonful of yoghurt or two until you get your desired consistency.

4 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

I want make chutney so many times, I will try this Steven, Gloria

Hannah said...

Pop by to collect your award!

Gloria Baker said...

Steven congrats for your award! and dear, I see you have wrong my blog is www.canelakitchen.blogspot.com maybe for this you don't go to see me, I invite you when you want to go, I have more recipes.xxxGloria

David Hall said...

Greetings stranger

Just had to try out this chutney with mates over the weekend. Had it with my crab and cod curry, very Keralan it was and the chutney was superb. Worked perfectly with some spinach and cumin breads. Nice one.

Hope life is good?
Cheers
David