Sunday 11 November 2007

Full of Middle Eastern promise...


On a recent scoot across London to visit a good friend in Westbourne Grove, I happened across this fabulous food emporium. Initially drawn in by the colourful array of fruits of vegetables on display, I then lingered on the heaving terracotta pots filled to the brim, and little pots of pomegranate. Inside were jars of delicious vine leaves, olives, preserved lemons, sumac, fresh dates and an array of scented waters. I was immediately transported to the climes and smells of Beirut, Marrakech, Istanbul...
It is precisely these stores full of incredible produce that make living in London a constant culinary adventure.

Sara Foods, Hereford Road, London W2.

3 comments:

Tony said...

Looks like it's worth a visit!

Tony said...

I finally made it here. And it was worth the visit :-)

Steve Wallis said...

Great - it's such a gem! Glad you liked it, I will post more finds as and when I come across them..