Tuesday 23 October 2007

Chromatose..






I know this is hardly big news (..I do promise to update you all on all my latest activities), but every time I go trotting off to my local farmer's market I can't help but get transfixed by the array of colours on show. I think that is one of the things I love so much about cooking; the rich colours that are there to be played with, explored, transformed and mixed together - with flavours and textures adding and intensifying the food experience. Sorry to be rattling on in artistic mode, but I just can't seem to get enough of it all, especially as Autumn is now in full swing and the countryside is awash with incredible colour. Here are just a few examples, with the prize for most colourful going to the very flashy Rainbow Chard, the Missoni of the vegetable world.

No comments: